- National Council for the Social Studies
- Global Education Conference
- Institute of International Education
- LEAD (Leading Education by Advancing Digital)
- NAFSA: Association of International Educators
– Explore International Education
– International Education Data & Statistics
- Center for Media Literacy
- Inside Higher Ed: Global
- Alvermann, D. & Hagood, C. & Moon, J. 2002. Popular Culture in the Classroom: Teaching and Researching Critical Media Literacy. Routledge.
- Alvermann, D. & Hagood, M. (2000). Critical Media Literacy: Research, Theory, and Practice in New Times. The Journal of Educational Research, (vol. 93, no. 3, pp. 193-205). Routledge.
- Hart, A. (1997). Teaching the Media: International Perspectives. New York: Routledge.
- Mason, R. (1998). Globalizing Education: Trends and Applications. New York: Routledge.
- Zimmermann, Julia; Neyer, Franz J. (2013). “Do we become a different person when hitting the road? Personality development of sojourners.” Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Vol 105(3), Sep 2013, 515-530.